Monday, December 14, 2009

Caroling and a surprise party!

The Sunday before last our church decided to go caroling around the church's neighborhood to spread the Christmas Spirit and to also hand out invitations to our Candlelight service. So after church we all split into two different groups and went around singing the joys of Christ.

Here Daddy is leading the group onto the next house to sing.



Since only one group had the camera you will just have to imagine what the rest of us looked like. ;) Here is group 1 singing in front of a house.


After singing in the nice chilly air, we all met back at the church for a fellowship meal. Here Becca and I are waiting in line to get our food.


Elaina is happy to finally have food after walking around a bunch.


Some of us going through the line....


I had a lovely time sitting with the McDonald's and Christa. Even though the look on my face might say otherwise.


William's shining face! I think he is happy!


Nathan enjoys playing Chess and Risk.


Skipping on to the next week now..... The McDonald ladies set-up a surprise 50th birthday party for Pastor. He was truly surprised which made all the hard work they put into it absolutely worth it! We had so much fun celebrating Pastor's life accomplishments. At the end of this post is a video of two songs that were sung at the party.

Here everyone is enjoying a wonderful meal. (Except Mommy who was home very sick.)




Jess, Tiff, and I were talking about nothing in particular then paused for a picture. Sometimes friends are so close it is easier to say "sisters" instead. :)


Victoria is in shock as Rebecca tries to wipe the table faster then anyone in history!


Tiff and I had a lovely time at the party! We just look tired because we stayed up till 1:00am the night before... I mean morning before. ;) She says it's my fault... I say someone in California is to blame. *grin*


Talking after the party.


We have the most amazing Pastor!! I am SO glad he was truly surprised! It made the night all the more fun! Happy 50th Birthday Pastor!!!


Here is the link to us singing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR0Z5iL-Oh8

Have a wonderful rest of the week! And a huge:

Merry Christmas to all y'all!!!!!!

Am I the only one who cannot believe it is next week?? Wow.... :)

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Melinda!! Hope all is well with you and yours. Please tell your Mom "hi!" for me.

    Blessings, Mrs.H

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like fun, wish I was could have gone with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mrs. H! All is well here, just kinda busy with the Christmas season coming so quickly. My mom says "hello" to you too. We miss y'all!!

    Garrison, wish you could'a been here too bro!! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete