Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oops... :)

Talk about a major blog update needed! I apologize to all of our faithful blog readers (whomever you may be) for not keeping this blog alive and running. It seems that life has not slowed down enough for me to actually have the time to blog. So, without anymore excuses, here is what we have been up to this past week. I hope you all enjoy!

Last Friday Daddy, some of us children, and some families from church had the opportunity to attend one of the English Country Dances that is near our house. We had a lovely time and even got to learn some new and interesting dances.



Rebecca smiles sweetly for the camera as she waits for the dance to start.



Daddy having a delightful time dancing with Grace.



This is just too cute! Here Becca is trying to teach Zachary the Waltz. She looks pretty confident for not really knowing what she is doing.


Elaina and Nathan are trying to watch Adrianna and Rebecca to see what they are doing wrong.


Now on to the next day which was our monthly Hymn Sing. Here the boys are playing stimulating games of Chess.


Waiting for everyone to arrive so we can start eating.


The Fathers talking, the young men waiting patiently for their food, and the ladies going through the food line.


My lovely parents. <3>

The girl table.


The younger girl table. With the guy table in the background.


Me - captivating every ones attention as I tell some sort of story.


Now on to Sunday... Rebecca and Elaina love to get self portraits together. :) Two such sweet little girls.


Rebecca, Elaina, and Adrianna with some of their friends from church.


On to Monday now... Here Mom is working hard to get my dad's vest pinned and ready for me to sew. This Saturday is the Liberty Day Celebration so mom and I have been working really hard to get all of our costumes made beforehand. Talk about a lot of costumes to do in such a short time frame!


When one doesn't have any other place to put pins. One always has their mouth. :)


Me sewing up a storm with my amazing sewing machine!



Making sure the ends are fitting together.


The little girls enjoy making clothing for their dolls. Recently they have been making Colonel dresses to go along with the dresses I made for them.

And this ends our little catch up. Next up I will be posting a bunch of pictures from Liberty Day.

May God bless you all this week!
~Meli

3 comments:

  1. This blog reader doesn't feel too much neglected anymore...a few more posts should make everything better, though. ;) And I can sympathize with the time issue...which is one of the reasons I left fb. :) Time from one thing to another, indeed...

    Well now...for not knowing how to waltz, they sure look they're doing a good job!

    Providence's beloved monthly hymnsing! Missed not seeing everyone that evening...but that's one thing of the many things I like about Sundays...er, the fact that we all get together again on the Sabbath, that is.

    and yay for straight hair ( ;D ), Liberty Day, and the expectancy of another fun-filled, wonderful weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post!! :) I especially enjoyed the pictures of the dance...wish I could've been there!! Glad to see y'all had fun. :)

    Hasn't God been so good to us? I mean, look at all of these beautiful, wonderful times he's given all of us. And how many people have a Church family as wonderful as ours? Looking at pictures of the things we all do together, I just get so overwhelmed with gratitude to our Heavenly Father. He truly is gracious.

    Keep up the posting! I love reading/looking. :)

    Love from,

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashton - I didn't know you left FB until I saw this post! When did you leave? But good for you! ;)
    We missed you at the Hymn Sing!
    *laughs* Thanks, I really enjoy my straight hair. *grin*
    Cannot wait for Liberty Day! We will have lots of fun!! And a post should follow shortly afterwards, we will see how fast I really am. lol :)


    Jess - We missed you at the dance! We need to have a church dance again soon. :)

    Isn't He amazing! He has blessed us both in so many ways it is unbelievable! And I couldn't even start to count all the ways I love our church family! <3 :)
    I am purposing to post more even if they are short with only a few pictures. I really want to keep this blog running. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete