Thursday, April 22, 2010

Painting and gardening... how FUN!

This is just going to be a fun post highlighting the past few days in my life.

First off, bright and early on Tuesday morning my mom walks into the room and says, "Meli, how about we paint your room today?" I was like, "Sure!" We had been talking about it for awhile now and had been planning to do it this Spring/Summer but the day had come where mom just felt like we needed to get it done. So we started by moving all the the furniture that was in my room, out.

Here is a 'before' shot. Don't you just love the color schemes?



Beginning our work. It's already starting to look better!


Mom had the job of going around the edge of the whole ceiling. She did fantastic!


The last little bit of green is almost GONE! For good! Yippy! :)


And now the last little bit of pink is almost gone for good as well!

Okay, so sometimes music just gets to me. It's either that or the smelling of paint all day long... you decide. :)


Almost done with the whole room.


My happy little painters were amazing! And I could not have done this without them.


The next morning all the paint had dried so we started to clean my room before redecorating it.

My bed frame, Hope Chest, night stand, and vanity shown here.

Moving box springs is not always very easy. But my brothers did an amazing job and didn't break anything!


It helps to have brothers who can lift all the heavy stuff.


This piece of furniture, that my mom and sister are lifting, and the rocking chair are the only two things that don't belong to me. Everything else is mine as an heirloom from my great-grandmother.

The finished product!!! I am SOOOOoooo very happy with how it all turned out!


*sigh* Isn't it just lovely? :) A HUGE 'thank you' to my family for helping me!!

Now these shots are from today. Daddy decided he wanted to start planting the garden before it gets too hot out here. Here are a few pictures to see what they were doing today...







The man who can do it all: My daddy! :D


It's starting to look really nice. Now all they have to do is put down the seeds.




I love jumping shots. So here I will leave you with a quick peek into what the girls were doing all day while the boys worked in the garden.

Answer: PLAYING!!!!! :)


God bless each and everyone one of y'all! Have a wonderful rest of your week!

~Meli

3 comments:

  1. ilove your colors. that is so funny, i have that same horse bedspread

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* Y'all are amazing! ;) Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful room, and y'all looked soooo happy and cute in your painting clothes! And I LOVE your dance moves... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, the "singing with the paint roller" picture is my all-time ever FAVORITE! haha! SO epic. lol.

    I love the new look of your room...sooo nice!

    And the garden looks like it's coming along great! Want to come over and work on ours? ;D j/k LOL!

    Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete