Saturday, May 7, 2011

Starbucks and going out on the town

This past Sunday Jesi and I were talking about her family coming over for a visit so that we girls could all hit Meijer and check out the skirts over there. We Sanford girls have always enjoyed clothes shopping there because of the long skirts they sell. So anyway, we convinced our parents that this was a great idea and then set up a shopping day on Wednesday. I had almost 3 full Starbucks gift-cards that I hadn't used yet so I decided that if we were going to go out we should blow my gift-cards on ourselves to make the day even more enjoyable! :)

Here we are before Starbucks...

...at Starbucks...

...And after Starbucks. 

Once we were done drinking the deliciousness of our different coffees we headed over to Meijer to shop all afternoon. Here Jesi and Adrianna cannot make up there minds on which hair clips to buy. 

I apologize for this picture being fuzzy but Adrianna and Cara are just too sweet looking to pass up. I asked Cara if she was having fun with us older girls shopping and she said, "Yes I am! And this is the first time I have been shopping without my mom." Then I asked her what she thought of shopping without her mom and she said, "Oh, it's fun!" *laughs* 

Since Bloomington is almost an hours drive from where the Ryken's live we asked them to stay for dinner at our house since we didn't want them to have to drive all the way home on an empty stomach. While we waited for the guys to get back from work we played volleyball and "knock out". 

Rebecca and Ashly looking great while watching from the sidelines.

Jesi and their adorable dog Henty got a picture together. (Jesi, I thought I'd post this one instead of the other picture I got *grin*)

Cara and I getting a picture together. That girl is pretty much the sweetest you'll ever meet. :)

Rebecca was going to get yet another self portrait but Jesi jumped in to save her from looking vain. Then Adrianna thought she'd tag along and get in the picture as well. :) Annnd it turned out very nice looking too. 

We all had an absolutely amazing time and didn't want the fun day to end! But alas all good things must come to an end so that more good things can come along, right? :) Thank you for coming over Ryken's!!! We will have to do that again soon! :)

Hasta la próxima vez!
~Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment