Saturday, June 25, 2011

Announcement!


This past Sunday the 19th of June 2011 dawned like any other Sunday in my little world. I had no idea why it would be any more special than all the other Lord's Days I had gone through. Little did I know there was someone in this world who wasn't as relaxed or clueless about what this Sunday would mean. Unbeknownst to me, Justin had asked my Dad if he could "talk" with him after the service. Dad of course told him 'yes'. So after church and the fellowship meal were done I suggested Jesi, Mama, Mrs. Ryken, and I all go on a walk around the church neighborhood. All the while, Justin and my Dad were in the Deacon's office at church talking. If you haven't figure out yet what they were talking about I'll fill you in now; Justin asked my Dad to court me for marriage. *happy grin* To which my Dad replied with a tentative 'yes'. Once I got back from my walk my Dad told me he needed to see me and my mother in the deacon's office ASAP. I seriously thought I was in trouble! *laughs* Once the door was closed my Daddy then tells me that someone has asked to court me. I don't think Dad even had to say the name of this person because I figured it out by the happy expression Dad had on his face. :D When he told me that he had given Justin a tentative 'yes' I said, "Well why didn't you tell him, 'heck yeah'?!" *laughs* I had a few questions for Justin so when we got home from church Dad wrote him an email with those questions. My parents and I were completely satisfied with his answers and impressed. So that night we made it official. :) The next day was a rainy stormy day so Justin didn't have to work. I asked Dad if we could have his family over just so we could talk all of this relationship stuff through. So Monday afternoon the Ryken family came over and had dinner with us where we discussed everything we expect to see happen with this courtship. 
We all decided to wait until Justin's graduation party on the 25th (today) before we would tell anyone (except family members) about this new relationship.   

The happy courting people...

Well there ya have it, our "courtship story". For those of you not able to make it to Justin's graduation party I'll be posting pictures of that soon. ;) 

Until next time!!
~A-very-blessed-girl

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations (again! ;D)!!
    Nice recap of the 'story'! :) <3
    Praying everything works out!

    love you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melinda... YOU'RE SCARING ME!!! ;-) Will be praying for you all to find out the Lord's will for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesi- Thank you deary! :D Thanks for the prayers and for being a wonderful friend to me! <3 I love you too! <3

    Kathryn- *laughs* Why exactly am I scaring you? And thank you muchly! I sincerely appreciate it. :) <3

    ReplyDelete