Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Poor little worms...

Today I discovered I have a new appreciation for worms. *nods* The poor little things get stuck on a hook and then drowned in the water, all for the fun of the fisherman/woman. But don't get me wrong even though I feel sorry for the little guys it doesn't stop me from having a great time with my siblings fishing till our hearts content. :) 

 Our neighbors are so sweet to allow my siblings and I the use of their pond anytime we want to. 

It really is such a pretty little thing...

Nathan the expert fisherman coming to the pond.

The guys lined up... not really on purpose but I figured it was a cool shot anyway. ;) 

Okay I know for some of you this is a nasty shot but bear with me. I noticed before getting my worm that two of the worms were making a heart. It's just too funny to pass up. 

Flip-flops and sunshine. Ahh the joys of warm weather! This is me enjoying the sunshine after fishing for awhile. The breeze was just enough to make it almost pleasant outside today. 

My sister... *shakes head* Most people catch fish but Rebecca catches pond-scum. *laughs* You gotta love her for having such a happy expression after being so disappointed that it wasn't a fish!

Another piece of news in the Sanford family: we found a hurt bird in our yard and have been slowly nursing it back to health. The cute little thing will only let you hand feed it by dropping the food in it's wide open mouth.

Here Peter and Rebecca feed it worms and some berries. It opens it's mouth right up for them both and makes a ruckus until they drop the food straight down it's throat.  

Annnd that's all for now! I hope each and every one of y'all are having an amazing and absolutely splendid Summer! God bless. 
~Melinda

2 comments:

  1. lol... poor little worms... ;)

    That poor bird!! So glad you guys found it - hope you're successful in reviving it to be able to survive back on it's own soon!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can sympathize for them with me. lol ;)

    Thanks, we were able to restore it to health and it flew the coop yesterday sometime. We were so happy that it was healthy enough to fly but it'll be sad not to have the little thing around and squawking cause it's hungry. :)

    <3 <3

    ReplyDelete