Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today it is dark and gloomy outside with rain falling by the bucket loads. It sort of reminds me of the verse in the Bible right before Jesus dies on the cross it says: 


"Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, 'My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?'" ~ Matthew 27:45-46


That part of the bible always sends chills up my spine thinking how God had to literally turn His back on His Son. I don't think we will ever be able to understand how that feels fully and completely... But today I am thanking Jesus all the more for dying on the cross and going through the pain of having His Father turn His back on Him, all for the sake of saving us, the Elect, from God's wrath.  


"Remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ." ~Ephesians 2:12-13 


Now we can rejoice because Christ not only died on the cross to save us but He rose again from the dead so that we might have life in Him!! Praise be to the Lord and giver of Eternal Life. 


"Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my Savior,

Waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!

Up from the grave He arose,

With a mighty triumph o’er His foes,

He arose a Victor from the dark domain,

And He lives forever, with His saints to reign.

He arose! He arose!

Hallelujah! Christ arose!"


A very thankful,
~Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment