Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sunday passed then he was 50...

This past Sunday it was so absolutely beautiful outside that some of the girls and I just had to go on a walk around the church a couple of times to soak up the sunshine. Besides it being a bit windy I think it was the prettiest day we have had this year. :) And what walk is complete without a few pictures? 

Friends. <3

Crazy girls...

 Notice Rebecca in the background. *laughs* And I'm sorry I really was very happy it's just this picture was taken right before I smiled. lol :)

Rebecca says, "You have to post this picture cause my eyes are so pretty in it." So here ya go, brother and sister being beautifully handsome together. 


So on Monday the man of the house turned the big five'o and for his birthday we decorated the kitchen with black and "over the hill" little signs. It was a complete surprise to him when he walked in after work to the house looking like this:




 Before he came home though, I made him some "black bean brownies" that turned out deliciously good. You'd think by putting black beans into brownies that it would taste terrible, right? But it was actually very good and he was able to eat all he wanted cause there was no sugar except for the icing. 

This was my first attempt at "writing" on a cake like this. In my humble opinion it's not *too* bad for a first timer... But next time I will try to make it look better. :)

And here comes the birthday boy!

 As soon as he walked in the door I stuck that adorable party hat on his head and good for Daddy he left it on the whole time without complaining! *grin*

Blowing out his 5x10 candles...

Here Dad is talking about how he was suspicious of something going on cause I kept asking him when he was gonna get home. Oops. *cheesy grin*

Reading all his sweet cards/letters from great friends and loving family members.




My Daddy isn't perfect, but I will say with all my heart that he is the most perfect father for our crazy family. I love him so much and I couldn't imagine life without him! He is the glue that holds our family together and keeps us from going down the wrong paths. He is an amazing leader but also very good at serving others. He's an amazing listener but also great at giving us all advice on how to better ourselves before the Lord. I am thankful that God saw fit to bless every single one of my siblings and I with such an amazing man of God as our father!

I love you, Daddy!!! <3
~Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Great blog you have here, Dearie!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. HaPpY BiRtHdAy, Mr. Sanford!!!!!!!

    The black bean brownie cake looks great Melinda!

    And Becca's eyes ARE quite beautiful in that photo!

    Keep posting - we enjoy it lots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Grace! I enjoy it. :) <3

    Tara- You are so sweet! :D I will tell Rebecca and my dad you said that! ;) And thanks! I am so glad the cake turned out great.

    I'm gonna try my best to keep posting as much as possible! Next I'll probably be posting about going to the McDonald's house. *grins* And thanks cause it's encouraging to know people actually like reading what I'm saying. ;)Love ya! <3

    ReplyDelete