Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jael Mercy Sanford

On Saturday night we got a call around 11:00 pm saying that Jennifer (my sis-in-law) had gone into labor. I knew Mom and Dad would want to go down right away to be there for Josh and Jen, and to meet their adorable little granddaughter. But I also knew that Sunday was Easter; we all didn't really want to miss that time with our church family. I also knew we were going to have friends over Sunday evening; we all seriously did not want to cancel. So Mom and Dad decided that we would go down to Oklahoma bright and early on Monday morning which pleased everybody.  So we packed up and headed out for the 10 hour and 40 minute drive down to Josh and Jen's apartment. Once there we were greeted by this adorable face... 


Granny getting to hold her beautiful Granddaughter.

 "Air Force Princess" A cute little outfit we bought her before she was born. 

Gramps holding his granddaughter for the very first time. 
The new and beautiful Sanford family.

What I want to know is when did my brother got old enough to get married, let alone have a kid of his own?!? Life sure does fly by! I'm reminded every day that I am not getting any younger and neither is my family. I remember as a little girl wishing/dreaming/waiting for the day when my older brothers would have families of their own so we could all go and visit them. I remember thinking about how neat it would be to become an Aunt and know that the kid I was holding was my very own niece/nephew. And now as I look around and see all the rest of my younger siblings getting big enough to fit in my clothes, wear my shoes, or become old enough to drive, it just makes me stop and think about all the ways I am blessed of God. But it also makes me wonder where the time went? I need to remind myself that how I spend every moment of today will affect not only my future, but the futures of those I am surrounded by. I love my family and cannot wait to see what God has in store for us in this new chapter of our lives. It fills my heart with joy to know that I have tons of siblings; soon we will all have our own families and so many kids that Mom and Dad will be messing their names up and who they belong to all the time. *laughs* I cannot wait. :D And yet change is sorta scary... but then again nothing is scary or frightening when we have the Lord Jesus with us. *smiles at the thought*

So there ya go... that's a peek into my mind and world at the moment. Hope I didn't bore y'all too bad. ;)

Hasta Luego!
~Meli

4 comments:

  1. Oh my.... she is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Congrats to everyone!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little sweetie! She's gorgeous! Congrats, Aunt Meli! :-) Time does seem to be flying by... it's a little scary to watch my friends start courting and getting married! It's all part of life I guess. Weird as it will be, I can't wait till I'm an aunt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate bought the same Air Force outfit for Cora. She wore it for his wedding. That is so fun that they have the same outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls!! It's so beyond exciting to know that she's a part of our ever growing huge family. I love it. :D

    Kathryn - **looks at Tara** Is there something you aren't telling me? lol Just kidding. ;) When it does happen it will be the best, most amazing, and totally weird feeling ever! :D <3

    Mal- Aw that IS pretty fun! How sweet though that Cora and Jael have a lot in common with having people they love in the Air Force. ;)

    ReplyDelete